Thursday, July 18, 2019

Close Call on Bike

After an hour with the dental hygienist, I was eager to get on the Silver Comet Trail for a quick ride. I started at Powder Springs, GA in sunshine with scattered fluffy white clouds; mid - way back from Smyrna, around mile 12,  wind was whipping a downpour into little stinging pellets of water. After about five minutes of that, I was glad to come to a small tunnel at an overpass, where one other cyclist was already sheltered, standing at the entrance. Just as I passed him, he said, "Whoa! Look at that!" A thick tree had just fallen across the path just behind me. As I prepared to photograph it, an older gentleman stopped to pull segments of the trunk off the path. Here's the photo:


I sent this photo to friends with Peter Benchley's famous remark, "I need to get out of this wet suit and into a dry martini."


No comments: