Sunday, September 10, 2023

"Our Father" and other new poems

Images posted with four new poems & birthday selfie from July.  

Since April, I've posted five pieces to my poetry blog First Verse.

  • Our Father has resonated with its readers, though the details are all specific to my experience.
  • A cat overtakes the real subject in Sleep was inside me.
  • As friends laughed about the residences of their 20s, a Biblical theme emerged in First homes.
  • I attended a funeral in Boston and bicycled through Atlanta, thanks to live-streaming. The powerful mix of experiences inspired Eulogy

Finally, there's my parody of Rodgers and Hammerstein's standard "My Favorite Things" to sing at a farewell party at St. James for Father Daron Vroon.

The images are by my friend Susan Rouse, except for my sister's cat, portrayed by  Android. 

No comments: