Sunday, October 25, 2020

Cycling America Virtually: Yellowstone National Park

←← | ||

 
200 miles into Yellowstone National Park
Today I reached Yellowstone National Park where the temperature this morning was 1 degree Fahrenheit; for my virtual tour, I remained in virtual comfort.

My memories of our family trip to Yellowstone in 1967 teach me something about the child brain. I do recall a little that Dad the Geologist wanted me to remember about hot springs, the formation of mountains and the continental divide. I remember a hike with Dad and my sister Kim, cut short when we ran across a mother bear and cubs, about fifteen trees away.

But as my inner world was all witches, vampires, and Batman (10/2017), I recall the Yellowstone "cauldron" more than any other sight. I can recall specific colors and frames from witch-related comic books that I re-read incessantly during the trip -- Wendy the Good Witch and a Bewitched knock-off. And I was most impressed when Dad showed me a bat hanging upside down from the sign of a general store.

←← | || Use the arrows to follow the entire tour from the beginning..

No comments: