Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Biking to Iceland

←← | ||

Scott Smoot on his bike in the North Atlantic, virtually

This week, my bike's odometer hit 10,000 miles. When it happened on the Silver Comet Trail in Hiram, GA, I took this selfie, which Photo 3D helped me to transplant from Georgia to the north Atlantic Ocean, almost midway between Newfoundland and Iceland. That's where I am now on my virtual tour of the world.

Wondering how I'm doing this on a bike? Well, I'm relying on the physics of surface tension that I learned in 3rd grade from DC comics. The world's fastest man, i.e., The Flash, moves forward before he breaks the surface of the water. (This selfie had to be taken quickly, of course.)

My next goal is Reykjavik, where Mom and Dad joined Uncle Jack and Aunt Blanche for a tour about 15 years ago. That's enough to make it "a place I've lived or loved."

I've cycled 444 miles from Gander, Newfoundland, to this spot in the North Atlantic
May 18 - June 8, 2022

Since June 2020, I've totaled 10,300 miles on my second virtual bike trip around the world.
Just in 2022, I've cycled 1633 miles, average speed 15.3 m.p.h.

←← | || Use the arrows to follow the entire bike tour from the beinning.

No comments: